Everything in life comes with good and bad points-and that includes the much beloved coffee. Coffee is something that many people love and can’t live without. This is pretty much why so many cafes have sprouted up all over the world. This is also one of the primary reasons why Starbucks is so popular the world over. The resulting caffeine addiction from coffee consumption then becomes pretty much the driving reason why Starbucks continues to thrive.
So what exactly is so good about coffee that so many people require a cup in the morning?
The Advantages of Coffee
First of all, there’s no denying the fact that coffee makes you alert. It wakes you up. Everyone already knows that. But there are so many other benefits of coffee that you may or may not know about.
- Increases Concentration. Drinking coffee increases the focus and concentration which thus allows someone to be more productive at work or with any other activity they do. As a matter of fact there was a study done that proves that proof reading becomes more efficient and effective with coffee consumption.
- Antioxidants. There are many benefits to antioxidants, but the most commonly cited benefit from this is anti-aging and cancer prevention. This is because anti-oxidants fight damage from free radicals.
- Losing Weight. As long as you keep your coffee consumption under control, you may find that you can actually lose weight because of the boost in metabolism that coffee can give you. Be careful, however, because too much coffee may cause you to crave for high fat, high calorie foods.
- Fend of Alzheimer’s Disease. Coffee is said to increase the functions of the brain. As such, those who consume as much as two to three cups of coffee per day may find themselves becoming more productive, effective, and efficient all in all. In the short term, coffee may increase memory and help people to remember better. In the long run, coffee can reduce the risk of people developing Alzheimer’s as they grow older.
- Detox. As a diuretic, coffee can help you to flush out toxins from your body by causing your kidneys to go into overdrive when it comes to urine production. Of course, if you hate going to the bathroom repeatedly, this becomes problematic. If you’re not much of a water drinker, this can also cause a problem. Excessive urine production paired with not enough water pretty much means dehydration. Thus, if you want to benefit more from the detoxifying features of coffee, you should increase your water intake at the same time.
Don’t Get Addicted!
While coffee has many advantages and benefits, getting way too addicted to coffee can prove to be harmful to you afterwards. If you decided at some point to decrease your coffee intake or to stop taking it all together, you might actually experience severe withdrawal symptoms such as headaches, migraines, nervousness, restlessness, irritability, sluggishness and inability to concentrate or focus. In the end, it’s all about finding the right balance.
Smart Poppy is a popular Australian online store which provides users with a huge range of discounted high end cosmetics.